why this blog
- You will be happier doing a job you like (matches your interests) than one you dislike.
- Not everything you enjoy doing will provide you with a good income. It is important to balance what you enjoy, what you are good at (your skills), and what jobs are available.
- You may not enjoy every part of your job, but you should enjoy most of it.lateral and vertical perspective
- Danger of a single view- Monopoly of opportunities
- We must democratize opportunity
- Address inequity of access to information
Diverse view of role, nature of work not just narrow focus on tech and title
Search literacy for new grads, transitions, first gen, interdisciplinary
Candidate experience Quality
No information pollution and misinformation
See future possibilities descriptions to know what tasks to practice in current job for next job move